Director of Outreach
Organization: Rehoboth United Reformed Church
Location: Hamilton, ON
Salary Range: $55,000 – $60,000
Working under the direction of Council, through the Director of Outreach sub-committee, the Director of Outreach is responsible for contributing to a culture of outreach at Rehoboth. The Director’s role will be divided into two primary areas:
1. The Director will be responsible for the coordination of some of Rehoboth’s outreach & evangelism activities
2. The Director will assist in leading, training and encouraging the congregation in their own personal outreach and evangelism efforts
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Director of Outreach, you will:
• Organize current and future outreach/evangelism programs at Rehoboth
• Assist in ongoing programs
• Lead training sessions on how to do outreach/evangelism
• Reach out to members of the congregation to ask them to help with Rehoboth programs
• Be active in the Hamilton community, with a special focus on the West Mountain
• Reach out to members of the congregation to encourage/teach/train them
• Work alongside the pastor under the direction of Council to create and grow a culture of outreach
• Any other assigned duties
How do I qualify?
You have post-secondary education and/or personal experience that would provide you with the knowledge and skills to succeed in this role. Education may include, but is not limited to, a diploma or degree in religion & theology, missions, social work, teaching, urban studies, geography. Personal experience may include, but is not limited to, working or volunteering in a similar role in another organization, coordinating programs, communications, teaching. Regardless of your past education, you are eager to continue learning and developing your knowledge and skills through reading, discussion, conferences, etc…
You must be a member in good standing at a Reformed Church and have an intention to become a member at Rehoboth.
As a director of outreach, you are:
• Excited about sharing your passion for the Gospel
• Well rooted in Scripture and in Reformed teachings
• Energetic; engaging with people, both in person and via phone/email/social media
• A self-starter
• Willing to work evenings and weekends
• A strong communicator
• Technologically aware – able to work with social media, websites, etc…
We are a church that desires to worship God and serve our neighbours. We are located on the West Hamilton Mountain, in a rapidly growing area. We are a member of the United Reformed Churches of North America and the North American Presbyterian and Reformed Council. As a Reformed church, we seek to be continually reforming, turning to God’s Word to direct our lives.
What we offer:
• An opportunity to serve God in the City of Hamilton alongside the members of Rehoboth
• Flexible work arrangements
• Competitive salary, Benefits, RRSP contribution
Applications will be accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume and a Statement of Faith indicating what it means to you to serve as a Director of Outreach. Applications are due by the end of day March 31, 2018.